Thursday, May 28, 2009

You Read What?

Thursday, May 28, 2009

What a week! Someone forwarded my blog to the boss.

He was a little miffed to say the least. I know that I should have seen it coming, but sometimes I am really not that bright. It took no small degree of groveling to convince him that I was an asset and should be kept on one more year. It was a harrowing experience and one I do not wish to repeat. Therefore, my blog is now password protected. Only those I want to have access can have access.

The experience took up my Tuesday and Wednesday last week, a hell of a lead up to my birthday. Thursday we celebrated my birthday in the classroom. We had cake and cookies and juice and cupcakes and chips and WOW! We had fun. It was a good way to release some energy.

Saturday Carrie went to the beach with some folks from work. Zman and I headed off to the International Club for a going away party. The Mexican family from my class is moving back to Mexico. I will miss them; they are great people. Sunday I recovered from the event.

We are now coming to the end of the last full week of school. Tomorrow Carrie and I get to have yet another meeting with the bosses in order to discuss my anger issues and how they might be resolved. It is a conversation neither of us really wants to have, but we have no choice. I have to try and keep my mouth shut, opening it only to say, “You’re right, boss!” I’ve been practicing all week.

This experience forced me to go back and read many of my older posts. I must admit, they are pretty whiney. Why is it so easy for me to see the negative? The other thing I try not to dwell on is; who would send that to the boss without talking to me about it first? I think the IT guy must have found it and forwarded it as no one else here really cares.

Things are a bit tenuous to say the least. Now I really can’t wait to get out of here. At last count, five of the ten elementary teachers will be leaving at the end of the year next year. One would hope that would send a message to the administrative team, but I don’t think it will.

Okay, well, gotta go…you’re right, boss, you’re right boss, you’re right boss…

MJR

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home