Monday, September 19, 2005

Still a parent!

I came home from work today at 2:30 to; a clean floor, ironed laundry (ALL of it), clean dishes, and freshly mowed grass! Incredible, no wonder people get hooked on the expat lifestyle. I don’t have to do anything but read or think about dinner, right?
Well, on the other hand, Zachary was watching a second Elmo tape (a “no-no” in our house) and had not had a real lunch or a nap. Ah, I knew it. There is balance in the world. I am needed.

Mark and I promptly put the wining guy to bed and made a plan. We wrote out a detailed list of ‘rules’ and a clear schedule for Mohammed. We also reiterated that he needs to be the ‘boss’ sometimes and that if Zachary pouts or cries for a bit, it doesn’t mean he likes you any less! These are tough things to teach. Heck they were had for me to learn.

On the lighter side, I got a message from the woman who runs the materials storage for the mine today. She is helping me to procure 2 giant cardboard boxes with which we can make a play house for Zachary! His own little House 67. What fun that will be for him. He also was given a little push type bike that he loves. He’s making quite a home for himself here, as are we all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home